From:
Judy Ritchie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Apr 2001 22:16:56 -0700
Thanks for revealing Coke tales as legends.  However, babies drinking
colas from bottles were very real and may still be.  My neighbor, who
delivered her two daughters in Navy hospitals in the early 50's related
to me that she was simply told she would breastfeed.  She said that at
the time the Navy was adamant that everyone on the ward would initiate.

Our MAC charters were Army, however, and it seemed no one breastfed back
then, or if they did it was a minority and those moms were really
discreet. With private pay passengers we were happy to have moms
breastfeed on takeoff and landing as babies seemed to cope better with
cabin pressure changes, though we didn't address babes in arms from a
safety perspective as is done now with approved carseats.

Now we're hearing that teens, especially girls, are drinking too many
sodas and not getting enough calcium containing foods and their bone
density is none too good (along with some eating disorders no doubt.)
http://www.cspinet.org/sodapop/

Anyone do a study of families where children are breastfed making better
ongoing food choices as their children grow up?
Judy Ritchie