From:
Morgan Gallagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Apr 2008 22:31:29 +0100
I'm meeting with a Cameroonian asylum mother in Yarl's Wood Detention
Centre tomorrow afternoon (Friday).  She had her six week old taken from
her, bar one access visit per day, for a month, and then returned
without any lactation support.  She did not get support by the medical
care team to keep her supply up. Baby bottled fed formula whilst away.

Baby has been back two weeks, and is breastfeeding, but there are
problems.  Baby is still being supplemented by formula and bottle.
Baby's growth has faltered and there has been no weight gain.  I'm
presuming there is some nipple confusion and breast refusal from low
supply.  I'll hopefully see some feeding tomorrow, but we're limited to
chatting in the public access area with all the other visitors.  Mother
has requested lactation support but none has been forth coming.

What I need to take with me, is support materials for baby getting back
to the breast, skin to skin, correcting latch, rebuilding supply, nipple
confusion etc, in French.  I can't speak French, and I'm wary of taking
in too much material, and flooding the mother out.  So I need references
to exact pages I can print off, that will be helpful.

What I don't need, is generic website details, and instructions to look
for this page or that page, by telling me what French word to look for!
So, if you can help me by posting exact URLs, with the precise info
needed, that I can press 'print' on, and have some confidence it's
relevant and useful, I would be ever so ever so ever so grateful.  :-)

Many Thanks

Morgan Gallagher
www.NursingMatters.org.uk