From:
Liz Cammin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Dec 2007 16:55:06 -0500
Linda J. Smith wrote:
> In my opinion, the ABA calendar mothers are adorable!  You GO girls!
> Mothers with pink hair should breastfeed; so should mothers with pierced
> tongues, orange shoes, 17 earrings, and tattoos. It's probably not a good
> idea to dye the baby's hair blue, although the child may do that herself
> when she becomes a teenager.
>

> Of course nursing mothers are maternal - they're NURSING A BABY!
>

> Of course nursing mothers are sexy - that's how they GOT THE BABY!
>

> And - gasp - it's OK if they DO IT AGAIN!
>

> Hey, when us over-50 types (OK, I'm over 60) were teenagers and young women,
> we did weird things to our hair and bodies too - mainly to annoy our
> parents, or at least to show our independence from them.  You GO girls!

YES YES YES!!!   I love the mom with the pink hair, and I think moms who
shop at Hot Topic, wear black lipstick, chains and thigh high leather
boots should breastfeed, ALL moms should breastfeed!  And there is
nothing more beautiful than a mom with a baby at her breast.  It's
wonderful!  :D

Liz Cammin, RN, LLLL (mom to a 3 year old and 10 month old, who had
weird hair in the 80's...)

--
I didn't give you the gift of life.  Life gave me the gift of you.