From:
"Rachel S. Levine" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Oct 1997 21:39:10 -0400
Hello to all,

I am a LLLLeader in NJ.  Have been nomail for quite some time.  Am searching
for information and resources for a mom who is having difficulty getting
pregnant with her 2nd child.  She is still nursing her 2 -1/2 year old, two
or three times a day.  Wants to confirm that this is NOT the cause of the
infertility or the cause of her having a miscarriage last year.   (she did
get pregnant, but had a miscarriage about 6-8weeks in - now has been
unsuccessful getting pregnant again.)  Getting a lot of pressure from family
to wean her daughter, but doesn't want to do this, and then find out it
wasn't necessary.  All the information I have found indicates that
breastfeeding will not cause these problems.  Of course, she knows that many
women tandem nurse with no difficulties.

If anyone can point me to any studies, books, etc...,which may help this mom
to make a decision, we would appreciate it.  (I have searched the archives,
but didn't find anything there.)  Please email me privately.

TIA

Rachel Levine ([log in to unmask])