From:
Julie Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Sep 2007 20:10:37 -0800
If I would have known how awesome you all are with your responses I would have posted years ago.: > )
Mom has made an appointment with the C-S Therapist. This morning, the finger feeding went well, baby took 1.5 ounces and by the end of the day baby wouldn't do it and then mom gave in and tried a bottle and baby downed 2 ounces flat. Mom doesn't think it is over active let down because she seemed to tolerate the bottle...which goes back to birth trauma...biting, tight jaw...head ache, not adequately draining mom and then frustrated that she is so hungry but feeling so miserable due to the gas and injury. This big cycle of one thing leading to another. We are still looking into over active let down, it is just at the bottom of the list and looking to go back to basics and it all started at birth. Plus, mom just mentioned to me that she has a baby scale at home, duh! I wish I would have known that when I was at her home.  Thank you all for your wonderful comments, time and knowledge. It has helped put a focus in the right place or at least the right track so this family don't waste anymore time regarding all the crying.
Julie Johnson; IBCLC