From:
Annette Hagan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Apr 1997 11:14:24 -0800
First an introduction.  I am a most impressed selfemployed midwife and
LC
(LBLCE) working in a small New Zealand rural town which has about 120
births a year. Impressed with the extent and continous supply of
imformation and suport on Lactnet.  I am trying to find sufficient time
to read it all.  I have two issues to raise and have had a look in the
archives but am unable to find what I want either direction of where to
look or new advice would be helpfull.
My first query.  I have been asked by a 33 year old mother of one why
she is re lactating after weaning her 14month old child at 9 months.
She is not pregnant and is not stimulating her breasts in any unusal
way. Nor is she on any medications and is using a diaphragm for
contraception.
We are having an Indian Summer at present but know it is a fore runner
to Winter.  Will post the second question seperately Thanking you in
advance.  Annette Hagan