Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 May 2012 21:28:09 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (23 lines)
So what is the role of the IBCLC when a formula company (allowed once a year to bring food and talk about the latest and greatest nutrition info) comes with all of their "stuff" and the management comes around and says "come eat, we are baby friendly but we support formula feeding moms, too (we are NOT Baby Friendly. if my director had used this term in front of me I would have given her some literature to read as to why we can NOT use this term)....come everyone, there is a lot of food!"  Of course, I NEVER take their food and I am so busy the past two days that when company E and company S have been in the house....I don't even go to "check out" their information like I typically might do just to add my 2 cents worth to the reps.  BUT 3 IBCLCs go and take their food.  I am so disgusted.  And all but one CLC did also. And of course, now I am looked at as the weirdo and the "out there" in left field IBCLC.  Well, I know I am the one that takes my professional seriously and I know I am right.  

What information can I share with these IBCLCs/CLCs who see no problem taking this gift of food from the formula companies?  It is sad that some who take the time and the money to become certified do not take the profession seriously.  And in this day and age of cut backs....they are the ones that could end up with my job one day.   

Oh and by the way this is the only type of company that seems to be allowed to come in and "feed" the staff.  No other rep from any other company gets permission to do this.  Food is not considered a gift, it seems.  And corporate compliance is FINE with it.  Don't get me started on how many times I have gone that route.  

Can I fast forward 10 yrs so I can just retire already??

Pam in S.Flordia

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2