From:
Saara or Mike <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Jan 2002 20:57:43 -0600
My mom used to donate breastmilk in 1950's Finland, and was paid to do so.
She talks of the donating proudly -- that she was able to sustain not one,
but three baby's lives....  She wasn't paid much, and it was based on how
much milk she would bring in.

Of course, things were & are very different in Finland.  As someone else
said today, breastfeeding seems to be a "frill" in N. America now.  Just
thought I would put mom's experience out there.

-Saara Harvie
Flin Flon, MB, Canada