Date:
Mon, 28 Jan 2002 15:14:22 -0900
My dear MIL presented me with my first rocking chair before the birth of my first child.  Although the chair was comfortable to my MIL for sitting & rocking, I hated it!  It was too low for me (my MIL's legs are shorter than mine).  There are all shapes and sizes of chairs.  My MIL liked the creeks the chair made (the sound) as it loosen over time and use.  She said the repetitive noise put the baby to sleep.  I never used it to nurse (and rarely used it at all)!

I tell all the moms I talk with that I found that a padded recliner chair to be the best chair to nurse in.  The recliner can be adjusted to a variety of positions, can prop the feet, and can be used to doze and nurse- especially for the mom who is afraid to bring the baby to bed. Mine is a rocker-recliner that turns around so I can turn out of the sun or away from the traffic.

Terriann Shell