From:
"Ann M. Calandro" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Nov 1997 22:14:24 -0500
My second child was born at home, 16 days late.  She weighed 7-14 at birth.
 She hardly came up for air, nursing constantly after birth.  I took her
for a checkup at 5 days and she had gained 15 ounces.  Hows That?
My personal opinion is that she had already begun to lose some weight in
utero, and she decided to catch it back up.  Did a great job too, was 22
pounds by 6 months, the same weight as her 3 year old sister.

Ann Calandro,RNC, IBCLC
Waxhaw, NC