From:
Rowena Tucker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Oct 1998 19:49:18 -0800
Kim, That's a hard one! It's hard to imagine how you and your sisters
came to be in such different places. I wonder how much "sibling stuff"
is in there somewhere (she can't MAKE me breastfeed!) or competition
(I can't do it as well as she did so I won't even try) or maybe just
resistance to the intimacy involved. I've noticed this in other
families, too. I am so tempted to say, "How will you tell your child
you couldn't be bothered to breastfeed her?" which of course would be
mean-spirited and unhelpful, so it's just sort of a mental vent.
Probably to "walk a mile in her shoes" is the only way we'd ever get
an answer.
Regards, Rowena Tucker, PA,LLLL,IBCLC in College Station, Texas, where
we finally have Fall!