From:
sally bishop <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jun 1997 15:44:31 EDT
I apologize for how my remarks sounded.  I agree that "half-naked is
*not* equal to sub-human."  I took the implication that this legislator
was not being complimentary; like he feels that no one should be
subjected to seeing women's breasts.  That was what insulted me.
I grew up in a part of the world where "half-naked" was pretty normal for
the indigenous people (Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Pacific Ocean).  The
human body does look perfectly fine, and I let myself get annoyed that we
even have to debate BF in public.
Please forgive me sounding insensitive.
Sally Bishop