From:
Pat A Bucknell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Jul 2002 15:50:56 -0400
I am forwarding this question from an LC friend who is not on Lactnet.
Please answer to the list as well as to her personally at <[log in to unmask]

Warmly,
Pat Bucknell, IBCLC
Avon Lake OH
www.mothershelper.org
---------------
One of my OBGYN Dr. posed the question:
What are the indicators to determine Ductal Candidiasis vs. that which is
on
the surface of the nipple area which could be treated with topical
creams,
gentian violet, grape seed extract etc.  He wants to know if he needs to
culture or if there is any black and white indicators to look for when
considering the use of Fluconazole at the higher dosages suggested in
Hale's: Medication & Mothers Milk. I will need some expert professional
information from an MD before he will read it, I'm sure.

He let me order the higher dosage suggested in Hale but I know it will
never
happen again unless I produce some article at the professional level.

Thanks,

Ellen Mroin BS, RN, IBCLC