From:
Kim R Short <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 May 1997 21:54:01 PDT
My second child was born in the USA in Southern Maryland. When I lived
there I thought that Wal-Mart HAD a feeding station. They fed my older
child hot dogs and "fries" and they fed me do-nuts and coke. It was called
the coffee shop. I fed my baby right there where everybody else ate. Why do
people want to reinforce the notion that breastfeeding is something that
must be done behind closed doors? Forget the "feeding stations" and push
for comfortable chairs in diners.and restaurants. My only regret when I
lived in the states was that I didn't get thrown out of the Officer's Club
for feeding in front of the Admiral and not getting to go on the Donaghue
Show and kick up a big media stink about it !!!!
Dr. Kim Short IBCLC
Brisbane, Australia.