Date:
Sat, 11 Nov 2006 15:12:03 -0600
On Nov 11, 2006, at 7:11 AM, LACTNET automatic digest system wrote:

> It would have been easy to ask for donations for vitamin A capsules
> and t=
> reat a few kids=20
> in those clinics.  I would have saved a few of the worst cases. Maybe.

Therein lies my concern about milk.  Once the IBMP is no longer
supported by DHL or Prolacta, I really don't see it sustaining itself,
because large donors are going to be concerned about the inefficiency.
And then the whole thing might just fold and disappearing from American
consciousness.

  Breastmilk is magic, and I really wish that there was more publicity
about supporting local banks.  I was talking to a moms' group this
morning where some actually said they didn't have enough extra milk to
be worth donating, but they wished they could send a check somewhere,
and not have it "wasted" on shipping.

Please take the "quotes" with a grain of salt.  I was interviewed only
two days before the article was turned in, and while I am not terribly
upset, it is not 100% accurate.

Lynn in MO