From:
Sharon S Knorr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Feb 1999 10:47:01 -0500
Dear Renate,

I would think that you could nurse a child like this by leaning over and
kind of placing the breast near the mouth, like you would do if you were
nursing a baby in a car seat.  Have read about this disorder - can't even
begin to imagine how difficult and heartbreaking it would be to watch
your child go through this.  My understanding is that they often don't
live very long and when they do, they end up being quite small.  Many
prayers to this mom.  Breastmilk is such a precious gift to a child like
this and providing it may be a great comfort to the mom.  Is there
perhaps a osteogenesis imperfecta support group for parents which she
could contact?

Warmly,
Sharon Knorr, BSMT, LLLL, IBCLC in Newark, New York (near Rochester)
mailto:[log in to unmask]

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]