From:
Elizabeth Puzar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 May 1996 00:42:36 -0400
I, too, took the exam last year without any formal training.  My degrees are
in Women's Studies, Humanities and Liberal Arts.

I had been a volunteer with Nursing Mothers Counsel for nine years.  I took
their 18 hour volunteer class in 1986.  I was a volunteer rental station for
most of those nine years and saw lots of different breastfeeding challenges.
 I was pregnant, breastfeeding or both for seven years.

I started studying in March.  I read the entire LC Series, the previous
year's JHLs and Riordan and Auerbach cover to cover.  I was really afraid of
bombing on the test and wished I could've taken it in another state so not
one of my friends would know if I couldn't pass!  Well, I did pass the exam.
 My only regret is not taking the exam years earlier when I was first
eligible.  I'm amazed at home much more knowledgeable HCP think I am!  I also
get many more referrals.

Elizabeth