From:
Jack Newman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Feb 1997 07:42:24 -0500
I don't know really why it would be different here.  I am not even
sure if it is the same in other areas of Canada as it is in Toronto.

However, some things I think is different here.  A large percentage of
our Hispanic women come from South America, not Mexico, Ecuador and
Peru being amongst the most common origins.  Sorry to say this, but
American influence is a lot less.  Furthermore, the families arrive
here often in tact, with grandmothers (although they are not always
positive) and the whole thing.

Any other ideas?

Jack Newman, MD, FRCPC