From:
cillakat <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Aug 2007 12:09:23 -0230
I agree that it should.  The unfortunate reality is that unless we're
eating a diet similar to what we would have been in an evolutionary
environment, including the plant material not being completely clean,
coming with it's own set of microorganisms/microfauna, eating
'soured'/cultured foods with a wide variety of naturally occuring
probiotics/wild yeasts, our gut flora, body flora, vaginal flora is
simply not what it should be.  And because it's not what it should be,
the baby isn't getting what it was meant to get.  Perhaps Jennifer has
the time to expound in detail:)   I could write volumes on the
subject, but it's all available in a wide variety of sources, and
right now, my time is better spend homeschooling my kids (who need me
now!  LOL), then trying to suss out the  hundreds of ways that our
babies don't get all that they need even when we breastfeed.

They certainly get the biologically appropriate norm when
breastfeeding, but we can improve things dramatically for them but
tending to our own diets and gut health and intervening directly when
needed (clipping a tight frenulum, giving vitamin d, probiotics,
craniosacral therapy).

<< If baby has an allergy and the
> gut is damaged take out the offending 'food' and all should be well correct?>>

unfortunately no.  because the allergy is the symptom, not the cause.
The cause, isn't even the gut damage.  The cause goes further
back....perhaps generations back as babies were being formula fed and
nutrition was changing....as people were no longer getting appropriate
amounts of iron and zinc from organ meat and dark meat (pasture
raised) and began eating more and more grain.  And more grain. And
more grain.  And sugar.  And less veggies.  And more grain.  Have I
mentioned grain?  When we change what we take in, we change what we
put out, pure and simple.  Changing our diets generations ago have led
to changes in gut health, vitamin k levels, vitamin d levels and more.
 If we think they are not intertwined and *intimately* connected, we
are wrong.

It changes *everything*.

katherine in atl