From:
Ruth Leach-Stevens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Oct 1998 13:27:15 -0800
I too run into questions regarding the antibodoies in MBM and neutropenic
patients.  Usually it's post bone marrow transplant kids.  I would have alot
of questions for this hematologist such as what is the underlying cause of
the neutropenia, is this kid pancytopenic?  Is she assuming the mom's
breastmilk is the problem or does she have clinical findings that support
this ( other than a non-response to Neupogen)  There are patients who don't
respond to colony stimulating factors for a number of reasons, breastfeeding
not being one I've heard of.  I find that physicians respond best to
information from another physician or at least presented in a style they are
accustomed to learning from. i.e. well done studies, publicatins in
respected journals, etc.
Try the physician in Texas(I sent his name to your email)-Good Luck
Ruth in cold and damp San Francisco