From:
Kate Hallberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Nov 2002 15:24:10 -0800
Morgan said, "And I also found it expressed gently,
without a lot
of judgment.  The response seems less to do with
breastfeeding specifically
than it does with setting limits in general."

I agree that it appeared that way too.  My thought at
the time was that there wasn't much *else* he could
focus on.  REally.  I wasnt' apologetic, my kids
arent' freaks, and I didnt' seem conflicted about why
child-led weaning is a good idea.  I think I was a bit
disappointed because, of course, I wanted him to admit
defeat, but we all knew that wasn't gonna happen.

The discussion boards, that show the opinions of the
masses, are a very different matter though.  I have
learned I am sick, should be in jail, am disgusting,
my husband is a wacko, my children will never
recover....  Thank the Goddess I avoid those sorts of
people IRL.  (and I really appreciate the mail I've
gotten thanking me, telling me that I did a good job,
my children are beautiful, even some that say I am.
*blush*)

=====
Kate Hallberg,  http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~kolina/advantages-of-formula.html  Mom to Ursula (7.9), Sage (5.5) and Benno (22 mos)     ""Crying is as good for the lungs as bleeding is for the veins."  -Lee Salk & Herbert Ratner"    >^,,^<