From:
Elaine Ziska <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Sep 1998 11:12:58 EDT
In a message dated 9/11/98 12:10:16 AM Central Daylight Time, Nancy Imperiale
writes:

<< I don't like the association of an unsuspecting baby at breast being
 jabbed in the thigh.>>

You're right, but after being swabbed by alcohol and having a limb held firmly
by a stranger I don't think the baby will be oblivious - he'll know something
is up.

 <<
 Given the choice, how many of us would receive an injection while eating
 or drinking?>>

Not me! But I might hold my husband's hand, or even a stuffed animal.  Of
course we agree bf is much more than eating or drinking.....

Here is another thought - would Rob's nurse be more "comfortable" if the baby
were sucking on a pacifier while being held by the mom?   Doesn't she agree
that nursing is more appropriate?

Elaine Ziska