From:
ROBERT CORDES <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Mar 1998 22:14:44 -0500
This case sounds alittle like one I had.
The baby was 3 months old happy and thriving with blood in the stool but on numerous occasions
Exam showed no rash nor fissure, CBC showed normal WBC, normal HGB and elevated eosinophils. I had mom start a cow's milk protein free diet. (one of my early post was about this) The baby saw a Peds GI and biopsy showed lymphoid hyperplasia suggesting allergy. The blood gradually resolved and on the casein and whey free material diet all is well, especially the parents bank account.
I agree with Dr Jack about mom's potiential course of action. Of course I agree with Dr Jack, remember the rules thing? Young pups like me need to learn all we can from "burned out pieces of toast"
-Rob