From:
Janet Simpson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Apr 1996 02:37:44 -0400
Hi All,

Jonathon writes:
>With regard to forwarding posts, why not
>copyright Lactnet?  Then, we could have cause for action against the
>forwarder, and could subpoena the recipient in discovery

If it is not possible to copywrite Lactnet, we could (at our own annying
expense) copywrite our OWN posts that say things that the ABM reps and
companies wouldn't like.
Now a question about all this.  I want to be absolutely sure of something.
 Is it ok to:
1) Copy Lactnet digests for an LC friend who has no access to a computer ?
2) Is it ok for her to share them with colleagues?
3) is it ok to take educational posts from Lactnet and place them in an LC
Association newsletter?
4) Do we need to get permission for any or all of quest. 1-3?

How do you all out there feel about this subject?  Are there those of you who
don't want any of this copied for any reason, or do you feel that it is ok to
copy and share with colleagues?  How about a dialogue on this?  This might
help us decide as a group whether or not to copywrite Lactnet or our own
personal posts that we want permission from others to use.
I think it is sad that if there are ABM reps on here that 1) they don't
introduce themselves as such (are they afraid of us????) and 2) that they
would have the nerve to "steal" our thoughts and use them without our
permission and in who knows what way.

Ain't life a pain sometimes?
Jay