From:
Naomi Bar-Yam <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Apr 2004 16:52:38 -0400
Thanks for the clarification and all your hard work. Thanks to Suzanne
as well. I, for one, do not envy her this job. The politics have been
difficult at best and continue to be so, I imagine.

I think there is some frustration on both sides (in the campaign and
outside it) that info on the ads themselves are embargoed. That means
that those of us on the outside are speaking from rumor and ignorance
of what is really going on. The longer it takes for the campaign to
come out, the more nervous we get that the powers that be are tinkering
with it till there will be nothing left. Most of the delays and changes
are part of the normal course of such a campaign and similar issues
have arisen with other campaigns as well, I imagine. On the other side,
I'm sure those on the inside of the campaign would love to let us in on
the details so we could all be speaking on the same page, but they are
not allowed to do so. However, as Kathy points out, it is important for
us to remember that we are all on the same side, each doing the best we
can to make life easier, safer, healthier for new mothers and babies.

Naomi Bar-Yam

On Apr 23, 2004, at 3:13 PM, Automatic digest processor wrote:

> Please understand that contrary to what some would have you believe,
> those of us in the gov't who work on bf day in and day out are working
> on behalf of breastfeeding mamas and babies, and in many cases have
> caught more than our share of flak from outside the bf world because of
> it.  Please offer your colleagues working on the same side of the issue
> a small benefit of the doubt that there are a lot of things going on at
> the same time and not all of it is sinister (in fact a lot of it is
> quite uneventful).
Naomi Bar-Yam Ph.D.

Researcher, Writer, Educator
in Maternal and Child Health