From:
"Susan L. Brault" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Mar 2002 18:12:21 -0800
A search of the archives did not lead me to my answer:

   Is there any benefit to supplementing the breastfed infant with these
formulas? This would be in the case of the mom who is not yet producing
sufficient amounts and a baby who medically requires supplement. A ped in
my area believes it is best to supplement with these; we are a Baby
Friendly facility and do not have on hand these specialty formulas. (I go
to the grocery store and buy the smallest amount!)

   The above said ped does not believe in this strongly enough to convince
his partners or associates; I seem to  remember that other hospitals used
these formulas when supplementing breastfed infants. I don't quite trust
the info I may be able to receive from the formula reps!

   Anyone?? Thanks, Susan in So OR