From:
Christine Choong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Sep 1998 09:32:31 -0000
Baby has been in ICU one month. Mom feels baby is showing response to
sound. Baby has now developed bleeding gastric ulcer (stress ulcer).
Currently being fed with special lactose free formula 20 mls. per hour
continuous infusion via N/G tube. Mother is attempting to relactate but
meanwhile has a stock of frozen EBM donated by sister-in law (currently
feeding 11 month old). Paed has not shown any inclination to give this EBM
although parents feel it may be very beneficial to help with healing of
gastric problem not to mention many other factors previously discussed.
Does anyone have any documented evidence that we could show to Dr. to try &
influence his decision? Any doctors willing to write something for me. Drs.
will always have more influence than we can ever have. Dr. Newman - can you
help with this.
Grateful for any info.
Please reply as soon as poss as I fly to UK Fri am
Thanks in anticipation.
Christine in Malaysia.