From:
Cathy Bargar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Jan 1999 10:46:59 -0500
I sincerely apologize, Kathy - I absolutely didn't mean to offend anyone
about the need for all sizes of diapers. I've been confined to bedrest a lot
during the past few weeks, and watching way too much TV in the daytime,
where I see all these ads for formulas (and Ensure, and pediasure, and
"supplements" for school-age kids, etc.) and they're juxtaposed with ads for
incontinence pads. You're right, there's no connection, and I was wrong to
allow my rant to carry me away.

Well, here's the connection, now that I've thought about it: both the
formulas and the incontinence products are sometimes necessary for a certain
number of people, but under what I think of as "medical-ish" circumstances.
There will always be people who need both kinds of products, but by
mass-marketing the "need" is exaggerated and extended, and in some cases
created where it does not really exist.

IN any case, I am very sorry to have offended, and your point is well-taken.
I'll try to edit more carefully before I hit the "send" button. (I'm
learning, though - you should see the things I DON'T send!)

Cathy Bargar