From:
Laurel Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Jun 1997 14:41:26 -0500
Hello all in lactnetland,

I'm currently no mail, but have run across a question from a LLL help form
that I was answering. The information I received from my knowledgable
friends came from Dr. Hale's '96 edition and I was wondering if there was
anything more that has been found regarding celestone.

>I just returned from the doctor and have strep throat. I am breastfeeding
my 5 month old son. Can a breastfeeding mother take penicillin without
danger to the child?  Also, is a Celestone injection safe in a breastfeeding
mother?  The dr. advised me to stop nursing while taking the penicillin,
however, my pediatrician said it was okay to breastfeed while taking it.
>What is your view?  I don't want to give my baby formula.

I've shared what information I had already with this mom, and was wanting to
know what the latest is, for the record, primarily. My Area Professional
Liason is also interested in if there is any further studies being done on this.

Thanks for your added input.

Laurel Smith, LLLL
a.k.a. tupperbabe
San Antonio, TX

"We all have photographic memories, just not all have film!"