From:
Kathleen Bruce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 May 1997 06:08:47 -0400
Just a quick note to say that in the past few days, I have had the pleasure
and the priviledge of spending time with Katherine Dettwyler and Chloe Fisher.

Kathy D. was so intelligent, so witty, and she calls it like she sees
it...the state of our culture regarding breastfeeding is truly abyssmal, and
it is up to all of us to work together to change this [this is what we're
doing, right? ; D]...Her family was here with me too, and her littlest son
played with my 5 yr old daughter Sally, and we ate lots of ice cream, and
had some really good laughs.!!!  She has this great slide of a plastic
surgeon's swimming pool...shaped like a BIG BREAST..the stairs being the
nipple. Can you BELIEVE this????

Chloe Fisher was a gentle lady, who has worked for a long time in the field
of breastfeeding. SHe is obviously a big believer in the entire process of
breastfeeding, and had  the loveliest of manners.  Truly a wonderful honor
to meet her.

What a few days this has been.

Kathleen
Kathleen B. Bruce, BSN, IBCLC co-owner Lactnet,Corgi-L,TLC, Indep. Consultant
http://together.net/~kbruce/kbbhome.html
LACTNET Archives http://library.ummed.edu/lsv/archives/lactnet.html