From:
Patricia Blomme <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Aug 1999 13:24:46 -0600
I am trying to figure out a label for myself.

I want to call myself a lactation councilor, but am unsure if I am able to.
I am an perinatal RN and I teach about breastfeeding to my clients that I do
childbirth ed to. As well as some clients just hire me for the breastfeeding
service. In addition to the education the breastfeeding service includes
assisting the mom within 12 hours of babe's birth and staying with her until
the babe feeds at least twice (if time allows), then I am on call for the
next two weeks. Believe me I don't make the world's greatest money. All my
satisfaction is seeing a mom breastfeed successfully. But then again, the
moms rarely call for they are usually doing just fine after the initial
help.

Anyways, I keep changing my title not knowing what to call myself. I am
tracking my hours, and do plan on being an LC when I have all that is
needed, but in the mean time what do I put on my business cards?

TIA for all suggestions.

Patricia in Calgary.
"Changing the world one mom at a time."