Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Jan 2008 09:30:24 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (32 lines)
Dear all:

I don't know how many of you are watching the debates for the presidential elections in 
the United States.  Within each political party, the nuances of the positions are not 
dramatically different and the races are very close to the point of driving all the political 
pundits nuts as their predictions don't pan out.  Soooooooo.... since we are big on talking 
about "family values" in the United States I had a crazy idea of a screening tool for 
candidates in elections for evaluating their "infant care values".   In a tight race, I'm 
hoping that the candidates will be interrested in responding on anything that might tip the 
balance in their direction.

What do all of you think?  and do any of you have sneaky ideas to ask the questions in a 
way that really gets at protecting breastfeeding?  I've already thought of the list of issues 
that would be included in "Would you support US Public Health institutions and health care 
practitioners witholding evidence-based information from mothers about the health 
consequences of the following infant care practices in order to protect mothers from 
anxiety?  Starting with use of car seats and ending with feeding coca cola. (any ideas for 
this particular list are most welcome).

Best, Susan Burger

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2