From:
Susan Burger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Jan 2008 09:30:24 -0500
Dear all:

I don't know how many of you are watching the debates for the presidential elections in
the United States.  Within each political party, the nuances of the positions are not
dramatically different and the races are very close to the point of driving all the political
pundits nuts as their predictions don't pan out.  Soooooooo.... since we are big on talking
about "family values" in the United States I had a crazy idea of a screening tool for
candidates in elections for evaluating their "infant care values".   In a tight race, I'm
hoping that the candidates will be interrested in responding on anything that might tip the
balance in their direction.

What do all of you think?  and do any of you have sneaky ideas to ask the questions in a
way that really gets at protecting breastfeeding?  I've already thought of the list of issues
that would be included in "Would you support US Public Health institutions and health care
practitioners witholding evidence-based information from mothers about the health
consequences of the following infant care practices in order to protect mothers from
anxiety?  Starting with use of car seats and ending with feeding coca cola. (any ideas for
this particular list are most welcome).

Best, Susan Burger