From:
laura ehrenzeller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Mar 1996 11:22:39 -0500
Catherine:
I certainly share your frustration-these Mothers need you!  Fortunely, we
haven't been cut yet although I am constantly reminded that it could happen
anytime!
Are these patients of yours a long distance call away?  You can certainly
still have them referred to you and you can contact them by mail and follow
up with a phone call periodically.  Our VA. State Task force has put out
some great little pamphlets for the promotion of and general how to's
concerning bf. They are one piece pamphlets perfect for mailing-you could
check and see if your state offers the same.  You could look into setting up
monthly bf support meetings at your local WIC office to include your bf Moms
and other Moms who are interested in bf.  That would mean only once a month
you are driving that far!  Have a local organization, hospital, or maybe WIC
donate refreshments and give aways to help bring Moms in. Maybe a local
hospital would help fund your program or Pilot Club, Woman's Club,
Kwana's(spelling),etc.  Just a few brainstorms that may or may not help but
that's what it takes-BRAINSTORM! You know the old saying, "Where there is a
will, there is a way!"  Hang in there and don't let it get you down-these
Moms need you to remain positive and upbeat because som much in their
environment isn't. (Preaching to the choir!)  Good luck!  Laura H. Ehrenzeller

"It doesn't matter how many times we try and fail and try and fail, it does
matter if we fail to try again!"