Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Nov 2002 23:07:15 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (16 lines)
I have searched the archives for this type of tumor and came up with nothing. Does anyone know about this?  Had a mom deliver today that had several surgeries one year ago for 8 of these and have her permission to post this to get a better breastfeeding perspective.  I looked on some sites on the web and it looks like they can be benign but if cancerous are spread by the blood and go directly to other organs.  She says hers were benign. She had bleeding from the ducts originally which led them to diagnose these, then removed them surgically.  The surgical site is about 11 o'clock to 1 o'clock across the upper section of her areola and about an inch scar to the left of the areola on the breast tissue.  Her nipple has decreased elasticity and very flat.  She said that breast was always smaller but they did take out "alot" of tissue with the surgery. She reports no breast changes on that side with pregnancy.  The other breast is perfectly normal and the baby is doing well on that side so I am not worried about her breastfeeding per se.  I would just like to know more about these tumors.  If she does produce milk in that side, I am also concerned about ductal damage and milk transfer problems.  Will be an interesting case to follow!
Denise Stuart, RN, BSN, IBCLC
Kent, WA

To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or digest)
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
All commands go to [log in to unmask]

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(TM)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2