From:
Nina Berry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Oct 2007 07:27:49 +1100
Hi Dia and all
This is an interesting outcome ... Who would have thought that a
physiological process would be safer than a general/spinal anaesthetic and
major abdominal surgery????

And please, let's watch our language.  The term 'trial of labour' is very
disempowering.  (Up there with 'poor maternal effort' and 'failure to
progress'!)  If a woman's 'trial of labour' is successful, do we put the
baby back so that the mother can have a 'true labour'??? Labour is labour.
There are no rehearsals.  Whether or not a woman has had a previous
caesarean birth (let's also try to avoid 'sectioning' women with our
language) if she is in labour, then it is the real deal.
Best
Nina Berry (who fought hard for her 2 VBACs and has been on the receiving
end of much of this language)
Australia