From:
Susan R Potts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 May 2000 19:15:20 -0500
Dear Judy,
    Thank you so much for this pep talk!!   The trenches of in-hospital
LC work, and inner-city hospital LC work in big bottle-feeding places can
be grueling and discouraging!   Lots that I do falls short of text-book
ideal, and I often make compromises I don't like, such as visiting many
patients who have already given bottles and reassuring the moms they can
still breast feed.  Of course they can, but have they impaired their milk
supply, set themselves up for engorgement, or baby for nipple preference?
 And what about the introduction of the bovine proteins to their baby's
gut?
     Thanks again for your comments, I think I'll print it out to read
when I need it again!

    Susan Potts  rn ibclc   Minnesota