From:
Norma Ritter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 May 2010 10:46:11 -0400
Susan Burger wrote:
>Having had epidemiology up the wazoo, I am quite familiar with its
strengths and weaknesses.  One of the weaknesses that always should be
looked at carefully when evaluating studies is the definition of your
population. <

Thank you, Susan!
I am increasingly frustrated every time I read yet another piece of research
which has NOT defined the population, or, more accurately, has not
COMPLETELY defined it. The problem, of course, is that there are so many
variables to consider. Because of this, I think we need to be extremely
careful in using these studies when looking at the concerns of individual
clients. That is where taking the time to do  a detailed personal history
pays off.

norma

Norma Ritter, IBCLC, RLC
Breastfeeding Matters in the Capital Region
www.NormaRitter.com

Join us on Facebook for the latest birthing and breastfeeding news and
views:
http://tinyurl.com/BMCRonFB