From:
Diane Wiessinger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Sep 1999 19:06:45 -0400
>I have no problem with not wearing a bra

Fine, Rob, but I wore a bra yesterday in mixed company in a way I never
expected to have to.

The cost of a no-hands pumping bra had bothered me greatly, and I'd been
looking for a cheaper way.  The way I found was a black stretch exercise bra
on sale.  It zips up the front.  5 minutes with a small pair of scissors
gave me two holes through which I could slip the pump flanges.  The
stretchiness holds them in place beautifully, but a black stretch bra with a
zipper and these two weird contraptions poking out the front looks mighty
kinky, even if it's worn over clothing.  I've modeled it for moms, always
with the suggestion that they not get a *black* bra unless they want to look
like something from some, um, catalogue.

But hey, there was a weepy mother here.  So what if Dad was along?  Amazing
how ridiculous we're willing to look in the name of breastfeeding...

Diane Wiessinger, MS, IBCLC  Ithaca, NY