Date:
Thu, 25 Mar 1999 10:35:33 +0000
I have seen areolae of all sizes, from the size of a small saucer to less
than the size of a UK two-penny piece.  Makes no difference as far as I can
see - though if a mother has read she has to get 'all the areola' into the
baby's mouth it can lead to confusion if the areolae are large, and
misleading reassurance if they're small.

Stupid thing for the doctor to say, IMO. Satisfied with the size of your
areola?  Pah! Was he touting for trade for a surgeon or a tattooist, I
wonder?

Heather Welford Neil
NCT bfc Newcastle upon Tyne UK