From:
"Carolyn A. Strom" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Aug 1998 17:20:31 EDT
Hi everyone!
I am an LLL Leader with multiple calls on breastfeeding and anti-depressant
medication.  I have researched through drug books and they all say it is not a
good idea to breastfeed while taking anti-deprressants.  I had an email
yesterday from a women who is pregnant and taking Prozac and wants to know if
she can continue taking Prozac and breastfeed.  If anti-depressants are not
safe for nursing moms how can they be safe for pregnant moms?  And what can
these woman take who NEED anti-depressants?  She said she will not breastfeed
if she has to get off Prozac.
Please let me know as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Carolyn