From:
Julius Edlavitch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Jun 1998 17:10:32 -0500
I hope TOM HALE SEES THIS TOO

DID you know that Gentian Violet comes in two forms

1% comes OTC with 10 % alcohol as a base
and
1% can be made as an rx from pharmacy without alcohol

Are they both ok to treat thrush?

Recently I have been using gentian violet more for treating oral thrush
because I feel it works better than nystatin. Several of my patients said
the insurance company would cover their prescriptions. Also the medical
assistance would not cover it either

During my investigation of this I found there are two forms of gentian
violet to get

Now I am confused which is ok to use and are both ok????