From:
LaJuana Oswalt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Sep 1995 19:55:58 -0400
Have been lurking here soaking up info.  Just wanted to give you a success
story in case any of your clients have this problem.

I was hospitalized last week for sinus surgery, promised to be outpatient.
 After a problem with bleeding, it was determined I had to be admitted.  The
problem was my 25 month old daughter, who still nurses quite often.  Although
the physician and nurses did NOT want to accommodate my nursing toddler,
after much polite, but firm insistence the physician ordered a private room
so my husband (an RN) could "watch over me".  He (hubby, not Dr.!) slept in
the fold-out chair, baby slept with me (with the bed sides up) and everyone
was happy.  It was interesting to note that the nurses who were so vehemently
opposed to my baby on their floor could not help but ooh and aah at the
picture of my little "goldilocks" curled up beside mom, peacefully sleeping
and nursing.

Just a reminder that WE are the consumers and WE must demand the type health
care that fits our families!

LaJuana Oswalt
LLL Leader, NLR, Arkansas
Mom of Meghan (10), Daniel (4) and Caitlin (2)