From:
Michael Reeder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Sep 1999 00:36:16 -0400
Hi all,
My daughter has decided to do her Extended Essay for her International
Baccalaureate High School Diploma on bf.  Her title is:    The Effects of
Breastfeeding vs Bottlefeeding on Common Illnesses of Infants 1 year and
under.  She is going to focus on diarrhea, otitis media and URI's.
Actually, she is my third child to pick bf as a topic.  My older daughter
gave a speech on the Risks of Artificial Feeding which really blew her prof
away.  The second daughter wrote an Argumentive paper for English, which
her teacher  "argued" against because "there certainly wasn't enough
material"  LOL.  She was surprised!!   Of course, they all have chosen this
topic partly because they know that there ARE lots of  resources and that
their mom is pretty well connected!!! (We all knew that bf kids are pretty
smart!)    So, since we are a little bit isolated here in Basel,
Switzerland, if any of you would like to send me your favorite references
via email, she can get busy trying to find them!!  I have told all of my
kids about COLiC--  they consider themselves certified members!!  It is
pretty fun!  TIA for your help.
Smiles,
Merilee Reeder
Basel, CH
(who is really enjoying counseling in this really international community
and learning something new just about every day! )