From:
Nancy Sherwood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 May 2005 15:09:21 -0400
Earlier this week I saw a mom and three day old baby who were having some positioning problems and nipple pain.  I spent a good long while with this family (first baby, dad was there too).  When I left, mom and baby were happily nursing and all was well with the world.

Just made my routine follow up call.   Mother in law answered and said "she can't come to the phone right now, she's fixing a bottle for the baby".  Drats!    Maybe that's why she didn't answer when I called yesterday?   I will make the follow up call (again) and see what's going on.  If mom has chosen to supplement or to totally bottle feed, I will feel sad for them both.   I have had moms say that they didn't want to disappoint me.  My answer is "I am not disappointed in you, I am disappointed FOR you that it didn't work the way you had hoped".

It's hard sometimes, but I feel that it's my job to help nursing couples overcome any difficulties and find success in their mothering any way they can.

Thanks for letting me vent here.

Nancy Sherwood
Mother of five (all breastfed)
LLLL for 26 years