From:
Bonny Nothern <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Nov 1997 12:59:01 -0500
Jack suggests that it should be possible to wait until the 6 week
appointment before giving a progesterone shot to a mother who would seem to
be in danger of conceiving again too soon. I can see how we would want to
be extremely careful about making such judgements. Unbelievably, I bet
there are mothers who don't make it back for their 6 week check up.
Hopefully these would be the exceptions. How do we know which they are?
Maybe we should ere on the side of making insulting suggestions if we get a
feeling that we might not see them again. I don't know. I guess I wish that
we always had such a good relationship with every postpartum patient and
that each had such good insurance and education that they would all come
back religiously for their check ups. Again I say, I just don't know.

Bonny Nothern, IBCLC