From:
Janet Hoover Malo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Feb 2000 12:26:19 -0800

>Rachel
>fighting the battle for competent help PLUS appropriate aids

I think what Rachel says makes all of the difference. I think we need to
look at how the sheilds are used. When used responsibly I have not seen
unsurmountable problems. When they are handed out like candy, with no real
reason, with no pumping and no follow-up you are asking for trouble.

I also agree with Jan. I too have found babies that are used to
finger-feeding or fast flow bottles much harder to trasition than babies on
the sheild. I appreiciate everyones input though. It is always good, if
sometimes painful, to be forced to examine my clinical practices.

Janet
Santa Cruz, CA
mailto:[log in to unmask]