From:
Anne Nans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Oct 2004 18:50:53 -0400
*****Elisheva, I can't imagine why anyone would want to inject mercury into their body for a vaccine that often is the wrong strain of the virus.  I believe breastfeeding women should not get the flu vaccine (nor should anyone else for that matter).  We know that our breastmilk is contaminated, why contaminate it further.  Mercury is a violent poison with many toxic effects.  If you are interested in seeing a complete list of mercury toxicity symptoms, see www.autism-mercury/safeminds.htm.  Even if the dose in the flu vaccine is theoretically too small to harm a baby, why polute our breastmilk with a known neurotoxin at any dose for the possibility that the flu vaccine will target the right virus this year?  I would recommend this mother skip the flu vaccine, take very good care of herself and her baby with good nutrition(holistic, organic, if possible), good hand washing, avoiding high risk situations.  Possibly she could add astralagus, 400 mg - 500mg capsules daily or 3 - 5 cc. tincture a day and echinacea purpura, tincture is best, if she feels a cold coming on.  Astralagus enhances the immune system by increasing phagocitic activity and increasing natural killer cells.  Echinacea increases macrophage and t-cell activity.

Goo luck to this mother.  I know what it's like to have high risk babies during the cold and flu season.

Warmly,
Anne Nans, RN, IBCLC
www.breastfeedingservicesofnny.com
*********

A bf mother of a 10 month old is considering a flu shot.  (The  baby is high
risk, the pediatrician has no supply, but the mom's doc can get  adult vaccine
for her.)

The vaccine she is being offered contains thimerosal.  She asks  whether the
mercury she'll take into her milk makes this contraindicated.

Can anyone comment? Please reply off list as I am no-mail.

Thanks and regards to all -- I have been off-list for a long while but I
think about you guys often. ESU

Elisheva S.  Urbas