From:
Ilene Fabisch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Mar 2009 06:56:10 -0400
> If we cannot agree on this simple reality, than Medela really got
> their money's worth from their marketing advisors.  If we cannot hold
> Medela to a standard we ask of other companies, we are hypocrites. We
> won't be shooting ourselves in the foot as one suggested.  We will be
> proving we can work within ethics.  We most likely will not make a
> dent in Medela's profit. That they already made sure of.  But at least
> we can be honest about where we are as professionals.  At what point
> we are willing to hand over our ethics so a company can make money.
> Really, that is what this is about.  Money.  Only money.

Pam I agree with most of what you state in your post HOWEVER we must
make sure that we ARE upholding them to the same degree and not being
more severe BECAUSE they don't need us or because they alienated us or
for whatever.  The same bar not more, not less.  I'm not saying we
aren't
just that we need to make sure we are.
I disagree that Medela doesn't care.  Medela is not "MEDELA", it is
company
made up of many ethical and committed men and women (many of whom
are questioning the company ethics as well at this time) and yes, good
sales people (and of course the flip side many that may not be
ethical or
committed, it is not a homogenous population) and I do believe they care
about more than money.  I guess I'm just not as cynical as many. Some
may wish to call it naive, oh well.  I prefer that over cynicism.

Ilene Fabisch, IBCLC / RLC
Clinical Director Mothers' Milk Bank of NE
Gentle Beginnings Lactation Assistance