Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Nov 2005 08:39:19 +1300
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (25 lines)
I have been following these discussions with interest and feeling the pain that fellow lactnetters and their clients  have when needed to be apart from their young breastfed child.  It is an sad indictment on our modern society but that is a VERY long story.

I too, was experiencing this pain deeply one day when I was driving around visiting postnatal clients knowing that my young toddler was needing me, as well as the 3 older children (whom I had the luxury of staying home with).  I then had one of those enlightening moments!  I can even picture the street I was on as I stopped the car, phoned my husband on my cell and said "quit your job and stay home with the kids".  Wow - why hadn't we thought of that sooner.  I was earning more at the time but struggling to be a good midwife inbetween the needs of my family.

My husband was delighted.  I got a "wife".  He got to fix up the house.  The kids had an at home parent.  The toddler bonded with his dad like superglue and financially - it made very little difference once the extra costs of 2 parents working were taken out.  And I got to keep breastfeeding my gorgeous toddler  and treasure those moments like pure gold.  You see - he was my last baby.

Karen Palmer
Midwife and IBCLC
New Zealand

To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or digest)
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
All commands go to [log in to unmask]

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(R)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2