From:
caballo azul <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Nov 2006 11:19:01 -0600
Hi Liz
I lost lots of weight when I was exclusively nursing. Began gaining a little
bit again when my daughter turned 2 years old and I'm not nursing another
kid or pregnant.
I'm on the very slim side. From the moms that I know at our local LLL group,
they began gaining weight when their babies turned one. Before that they say
they were able to eat more without gaining (they were/are nursing them
still, and are not pregnant again) I think it has to do with the things you
normally eat, the calories. I wonder why your supply dropped if you lost
weight? I think with some amount of calories a day you should keep your
weight, if you eat more you gain, if you eat less, you begin to burn your
fat reserves. It seems your calorie intake was just enough to maintain your
weight. They say milk production spends about 500 calories a day Regards Ana
in Mexico